Growth Vouchers now available to more small businesses
Have you heard about Growth Vouchers for small businesses yet?
This recent scheme introduced by the UK government is now providing match-funded vouchers up to a sum of £2,000 for small businesses seeking strategic advice to help grow their business.
I'm delighted to say that as of August 23rd, I can now assist businesses through this scheme by providing strategic marketing advice which is match-funded by one of these vouchers.
What activities will Growth Vouchers fund?
• Analysis of your market, including your competitors, opportunities and threats
• Customer analysis: Who are they? What do they need? How can you reach
• Advice on how to satisfy customer needs profitably
• Help to divide your customers into groups and target them effectively
• Advice on how to develop a brand and improve your competitive edge
• Help to innovate around new products and ensure these are marketed to the appropriate audiences
• Help to make your communications planning more effective and integrated across your business
• Analysis of your sales strategy
• Advice on developing a social media strategy for your business
Much of the above could be provided within a Strategic Marketing Plan for a new product range or your business overall.
Now Open To More Businesses
On Tuesday 26th August, the Government decided to open up the Growth Voucher Programme to even more small businesses including those who have recently started or those who have received alternative sources of government support in the past three years.
From this date, businesses who wish to apply need to:
· Be registered in England
· Have less than 250 employees
· Be actively selling goods and/or services
· Have a turnover no greater than €50m or £45m
· Own 75% or more of their business
How Voucher Payment Works
Previously, small businesses had to pay the full sum for strategic advice up front and then claim back their voucher funds once they had paid their strategic adviser in full. Now, thankfully, the Government is allowing companies to pay their half of the voucher directly to the professional adviser so they no longer need to find 100% of the cash and claim it back.
For more information and to hear from businesses that have benefited from the programme, I suggest you visit: www.greatbusiness.gov.uk/growthvouchers
Please note, there is a lottery element to this scheme, and not everyone who is eligible will automatically get a voucher. However, I'm told the percentage chance of getting a voucher are high at present. So I would say any business who is interested and eligible has nothing to lose making an application.
If you would like to work with me as your adviser, you can check out my profile here and please mention The Loop Digital Communications during your application.
And of course, if you would like to find out more, or have any further questions about the scheme, do get in touch and I'll be happy to help.